16 Ways to Enjoy Bath
I love history. It was my university degree, so it's only natural that one of my top places to visit in the UK was Bath. I was so excited to explore this city! I knew that I wanted to visit the Abbey and the Roman Baths, but I was pleasantly surprised to find a lot of other unique and beautiful spots around the city as well. I stayed at SACO Apartments St James's Parade which was perfectly located to explore the city. Read my review about it here.
During the Anglo-Saxon period, the city was known as Akemanchester ("aching men's city") because of the healing properties the water was said to have. This name was derived from the Roman name, Aquae Sulis, which stood for "the water of Sulis". From historic sites, to beautiful shops, to amazing restaurants and cafes, Bath is bursting with things to do and places to see. Check out my top things to do below!
1. Pulteney Bridge & Weir
2. Afternoon Tea at Brigit's Bakery
3. Explore Bath's Shops and Cafes
4. Walk Along the Royal Crescent
5. No. 1 Royal Crescent
6. Take in the Assembly Rooms
7. Explore the Fashion Museum
8. Indulge Yourself at Acorn Restaurant
9. Check out Sally Lunn's
10. Walk Around The Circus
11. Get in the Christmas Spirit
12. Treat Yourself to the Perfect Italian Meal at Amarone
13. Take in the Historic Abbey
14. Take a Step Back in Time at the Roman Baths
15. Get the Best Pizza in the City at Bath Pizza Co.
16. Enjoy the Views
I didn't have time to check out the Jane Austen Centre, but I hear it's a really interesting experience as well. Check out Visit Bath for more information on the city itself and things to do!